- NRMA Centre
- NRMA Motoring Services
- Churchill Child Partnership
- Project description
This project consisted largely of a new four-storey office extension adjoining the Wynyard Travelodge Hotel for NRMA executive areas. It also included the renovation of the Travelodge podium façade and conversion of Level 1 spaces to offices, linking to the new extension.
The extension is an excellent example of post-modern minimalist architecture with a frameless planar glass curtain wall façade, cantilevered glass awning and internal glass observation lift.
The project had some major construction challenges including:
- A very high quality customised façade
- Three of the site boundaries fronted busy CBD roads
- The site was one of the most constrained in Sydney being only 8m wide by 22m long opposite the Wynyard transport interchange
- The immediately adjacent 25-storey hotel remained in continuous operation
These challenges were overcome using detailed planning and by proactive and innovative actions by our project team.
- MBA Excellence In Construction Awards - Refurbishment / Renovation / Extension 2008
Master Builders Association