- Macquarie University Library
- Macquarie University
- Macquarie University Campus Macquarie Park
- Francis Jones Morehen Thorp
- Project description
This complex, demanding project consisted of the design and construction of an 18,000m2, seven-storey state-of-the-art library incorporating learning, research and social spaces, landscaping and public domain works.
The project is located within the Academic Core of the Macquarie University campus.
Examples of value added by AWE included:
- Early Contractor Involvement including cost planning, programming advice, construction advice and investigating and implementing over $5 million in value engineered savings
- Management of a complex project handover including staged completion, verification of Fire Engineering outcomes, verification of energy efficiencies and liaison with the Independent Commissioning Agent
- MBA Excellence in Construction Awards – Tertiary Buildings ($50.0m and over) 2011
Master Builders Association