Company History

Austin Edwards founded our construction business in 1921. The Edwards family still own 100% of the company.

A W Edwards was founded in 1921. In 1960, after nearly forty successful years, Austin’s son Stanley took over as Managing Director. Stanley continued to build the company and its fine reputation until he retired in 1994. His sons Bruce and Malcolm Edwards now direct the organization. Bruce and Malcolm continue to grow the company based on the values established by the founders. To this day A W Edwards Pty Limited has an uncompromising tradition of quality, service and integrity.

A W Edwards has operated continuously for over 94 years. During this time A W Edwards has delivered a number of landmark projects. These include:

  1. MA Noble, Don Bradman & Dally Messenger Stands, SCG
  2. The Concourse at Chatswood
  3. Epping to Chatswood Rail Line Stations
  4. Nan Tien Temple, Wollongong
  5. Queen Victoria Building