Company History

Austin William Edwards (A W) founded the construction business in 1921. In 1960, after nearly forty successful years, Austin’s son Stanley took over as Managing Director. Stanley continued to build the company and its fine reputation until he retired in 1994. His sons Bruce and Malcolm Edwards then took over the executive management of the company with Bruce becoming Managing Director in 1999. For over 19 years Bruce’s leadership and governance positioned A W Edwards as a key player in the Australian Construction Industry.

In July 2018, A W Edwards became part of the Bouygues Bâtiment International (BBI), a subsidiary of Bouygues Construction, that has been specialising in complex construction projects around the world for more than 40 years. BBI operate across all five continents employing over 50,000 people and turning over A$17b per annum.

The A W Edwards name and brand will be maintained with the fourth generation of the Edwards family remaining in the business. Through this globally-respected network A W Edwards can offer clients the accessibility and support of an Australian based company, gaining support where appropriate with the additional resources, international procurement reach, financial strength and the technical capacity of Bouygues Construction. To find out more visit the BBI Website